Safety is the League’s primary concern. Every coach and manager receives mandatory training in basic first aid and a first aid kit for emergency use at games and practices. Game day safety rules are in place to protect players, coaches and fans. Please read the information below to see how you can help keep CCNLL a safe place for our kids to play and learn. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Saftey Manager – Tony Steiner – at email@example.com
A few safety musts at games:
- Players must not swing bats in the dugouts.
- Players must wear batting helmets when batting, on the base path, or when they serve as base coaches. Helmets must not be removed until the player has returned to the dugout.
- Players must always slide feet first, except when returning to a base.
- Players must be alert and observant at all times when on the playing field.
- Catchers must wear protective gear: helmet, face mask, leg guards, chest protector, and throat guard. When warming up pitchers behind the plate or in the bullpen, catchers must wear, at a minimum, a helmet and a face mask with throat guard.
- Players must always follow the directions of coaches and umpires.
Players must always use Little League-approved equipment and gear only.
A few safety musts at practice:
- Players must always wear batting helmets when swinging a bat and running the bases.
- Players must swing bats only in areas designated for that purpose by the coach.
- Players must always use Little League-approved equipment and gear only.
Players must use hardballs only in properly designated practice areas.
- Catchers must always wear full protective gear when behind the plate in “live batting” situations and must wear at least a helmet and face mask with throat protector when warming up pitchers.
- Players must remain alert at all times and allows follow coaches’ instructions.
IN CASE OF INJURY:
Parents: Please follow this link to read “What Every Parent Should Know” about League insurance for important information about insurance coverage.
If you are the parent or guardian of a child injured during participation in CCNLL activities, please fill out an Accident Notification Form. You can download it here (pdf file). For Claim Form Instructions, please follow this link.
If you are the manager for a child who is injured during participation in CCNLL activities, complete and sumbit an Incident/Injury Tracking Report. You may download one by following this link.